7 Things Not to do While Fishing.
Catching fish is not what it is all about; However, we all like to catch fish when we go fishing. There are a million articles about how to catch fish. Where to, how to, techniques, tips, tricks, you name it and it is out there.
You have read it all, tried it all and still seem to not catch your fair share of fish. You feel like you are snake bit. Your lucky rabbit foot has lost its magic. That smelly lucky hat has lost its charm.
There are a few things you might be doing that are hurting your chances. Here are seven things to avoid.
1. No planning. Its the weekend and you go to regular fishing hole and go to your regular spots. No looking at the weather, tide, season, talking to friends, searching the internet. Have a game plan. With A, B, C and D.
The Weather & Water tab at https://www.reelfunenterprises.com/weather-water
will help with you planning.
2. Stuck in a rut. You have the same bait tied on as you always have. That white spinnerbait that caught them in early summer is the same one you use in the early spring when the bass are feeding on crawfish. Match the hatch.
Here is a great starting point for bass. A chart by Jason Sealock.
3. You run and gun. You come off of plane, run up to the front and have to put the trolling motor in reverse to slow you from running over the spot. Stealth is the key. Don't throw out the anchor either!
4. You bang the lids and jump down in the bottom of the boat. Unnatural sounds spook fish.
5. You didn't wash your hands after you .............Unnatural smell and taste turn off fish.
6. You don't get a quick follow up cast after you catch a fish. You don't have your pliers handy to remove the hook. You pose for a hero shot. You're not sure if its a keeper. The right tool can help.
Reel Fun's Catcher's Mitt is great for that. It won't help with the hero shot though.
7. You stay in a spot too long when you are not getting bites. Fish are predators. Think back to when you have caught fish in the past. How many times have you pulled up to a spot and fished for an hour or even a half hour and then caught a fish? Zero? Close to zero? Move your butt when you are not getting bites.